Feathered Peacock Pose, or Pincha Mayurasana in Sanskrit, is a challenging yoga asana that requires great strength, balance, and core stability. This pose is a forearm stand that resembles a peacock with its feathers spread out, hence the name. Pincha Mayurasana is a powerful pose that offers a wide range of physical and mental benefits, but it should be practiced with caution and under the guidance of a certified yoga instructor.
पिञ्चमयूरसने तु, बाह्याभ्यन्तरसंयमी ।
विषयाख्येभ्य परं मुद्रा, मयूरलब्ध्व संस्थिति: ॥
Steps to do:
1. Begin in a kneeling position with your forearms resting on the mat, shoulder-width apart.
2. Clasp your hands together, forming a triangle with your forearms.
3. Lift your hips up and straighten your legs, coming into a downward facing dog position.
4. Walk your feet in closer to your hands, and lift one leg off the ground, coming into a one-legged downward dog.
5. Slowly begin to lift your other leg off the ground, working towards bringing both legs up into the forearm stand position.
6. Once in the pose, engage your core and keep your gaze slightly forward to maintain balance.
7. Hold the pose for a few breaths, then carefully lower one leg at a time back down to the mat.
– Strengthens the shoulders, arms, and core muscles
– Improves balance and focus
– Stimulates the nervous system
– Increases blood circulation and energy flow
– Builds confidence and mental resilience
– Avoid practicing this pose if you have any shoulder, neck, or back injuries.
– Always warm up your body before attempting Pincha Mayurasana to prevent strain or injury.
– Practice this pose under the guidance of an experienced yoga instructor to ensure proper alignment and support.
Overall, Feathered Peacock Pose is a powerful and invigorating yoga asana that offers a wide range of physical and mental benefits. However, it should be practiced mindfully and with caution, especially if you are new to yoga or have any pre-existing injuries. By cultivating strength, balance, and focus through this pose, you can experience a deeper connection to your body and mind in your yoga practice.
Neelam Mishra is an inspiring woman who has dedicated her life to serving her community and country through education, social work, and yoga. With an impressive educational background and a heart for service, she has become a prominent figure in Basti, Uttar Pradesh, India.
Early Life and Education
- Background: Born and raised in Uttar Pradesh, Neelam Mishra developed an early interest in biology and sociology, which laid the foundation for her diverse educational pursuits.
- Academic Achievements:
- B.Sc. in Biology: Mishra’s journey began with a Bachelor of Science in Biology, where she gained a deep understanding of the natural sciences.
- B.Ed. in Special Education: Recognizing the need for inclusive education, she pursued a Bachelor of Education in Special Education, equipping her with the skills to teach and support students with diverse needs.
- M.A. in Sociology: Her Master of Arts in Sociology provided her with insights into social dynamics and issues, further fueling her drive to contribute positively to society.
- Yoga Certification: Embracing India’s rich heritage in wellness, Mishra became a certified yoga instructor, integrating physical and mental well-being into her educational and social work.
- Diploma in Gita
NGO and School for Divyang (Differently-Abled): Neelam Mishra’s commitment to social change is evident in her establishment of an NGO and a school dedicated to differently-abled individuals in Basti. This institution not only provides education but also fosters an environment of acceptance and empowerment for Divyang.