Gum disease, also known as periodontal disease, is a common oral health issue that affects millions of people around the world. It is caused by a buildup of plaque and tartar on the teeth, which can lead to inflammation and infection of the gums. While gum disease itself is not technically contagious, the bacteria that cause it can be spread from person to person through activities like kissing, sharing utensils, or using the same toothbrush.
When someone with gum disease shares these bacteria with someone else, they may be at a higher risk of developing the condition themselves. This is why it’s important to practice good oral hygiene and seek treatment for gum disease as soon as it is detected. By doing so, you can help prevent the spread of these bacteria and protect your own oral health.
There are several ways to prevent the spread of gum disease-causing bacteria and protect your oral health. Some useful health tips include:
– Brush your teeth at least twice a day with a fluoride toothpaste.
– Floss daily to remove plaque and debris from between your teeth.
– Visit your dentist regularly for professional cleanings and check-ups.
– Avoid sharing utensils, toothbrushes, or other oral hygiene tools with others.
– Practice healthy lifestyle habits, such as eating a balanced diet and avoiding tobacco products.
Nirogitan (Nirogi Tan) means a healthy body. We are providing different types of health tips based on ayurvedic remedy, homoeopathic treatment, naturopathy, acupressure and yoga.