In 2024, the connection between diet and sleep is well-established. Research has shown that certain foods can help promote better sleep by providing the body with the nutrients it needs to relax and unwind. Some of the top foods that can help you sleep better include:
1. Cherries: Cherries are one of the few natural sources of melatonin, a hormone that helps regulate sleep-wake cycles. Eating cherries or drinking cherry juice can help increase melatonin levels in the body, promoting better sleep.
2. Almonds: Almonds are a good source of magnesium, which has been shown to improve sleep quality. Magnesium helps relax the muscles and calm the nervous system, making it easier to fall asleep and stay asleep throughout the night.
3. Bananas: Bananas are high in potassium and magnesium, both of which can help relax the muscles and promote better sleep. They also contain tryptophan, an amino acid that can help the body produce serotonin and melatonin, both of which are important for sleep.
4. Oatmeal: Oatmeal is a complex carbohydrate that can help promote the production of serotonin, a neurotransmitter that helps regulate sleep. Eating a small serving of oatmeal before bed can help increase serotonin levels and promote better sleep.
Incorporating these foods into your diet can help improve your sleep quality and overall well-being. By ensuring that you are getting the nutrients your body needs to relax and unwind, you can support healthy sleep patterns and wake up feeling refreshed and rejuvenated.
उदीच्यं मगधेषु योऽसौ पुरुषकार्यतः ।
धान्यलक्ष्मीः प्रसूयेता तस्यां शान्तिर्भवेत् पुनः ॥
A person, by his proper deeds in Magadha, will give rise to cereals and grains like rice and their wealth will enhance. In that home, peacefulness will be existed again.
– Avoid caffeine and heavy meals before bedtime
– Create a relaxing bedtime routine
– Limit screen time before bed
– Ensure your bedroom is dark and quiet to promote better sleep.
Nirogitan (Nirogi Tan) means a healthy body. We are providing different types of health tips based on ayurvedic remedy, homoeopathic treatment, naturopathy, acupressure and yoga.